Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Dec 1st - Day 1 Mexico Trip
The Meek Shall Inherit The Earth -- After We're Done With It! I had planned to mope around the house all day today because we postponed the trip due to rain, when Leroy called me and said… “Let’s Roll!” I was on my bike in a skinny minute and headed South to meet up with the rest of the gang in Laredo. The forecast called for possible ice on the roads in the Hill Country on Wednesday, so that is why we decided to go at least to the border on Tuesday and hopefully into clearer skies. Well, the rain had just got going as I left the house with temps in the 40’s -- I had a small window of opportunity to get south of San Antonio before the traffic buildup. I continued on south through Dilley “A Slice of the Good Life” . By the time I got to Pearsall, I was really starting the feel the cold and wet, so I pulled over to the Valero to top off the tank and pound down a $5 Foot Long. As Luck would have it, Priscilla and Allen happened by and we hooked up for the rest of the ride to Laredo. Leroy told me the Hotel in Laredo served free beer and hot dogs, and By God, he wasn’t kidding! We munched our dogs over brewskys with all of us there, except for Mike… Rumor has it, he didn’t come because it was raining?!!? Really? The Public has a right to know, so there will be a followup on this story tomorrow when he arrives. Hopefully, it won’t be raining tomorrow! LOL!!! We are keeping things loose, so the route will prolly change a couple of times before we get started after breakfast tomorrow. Albert’s family spent Thanksgiving in Austin, and Slyvia and Kathryn are here with us, which is a nice surprise! Total miles 306.