Places that I have Motorbiked in United States and Canada

Monday, December 7, 2009

Dec 7th Day 7 of Mexico Trip

Today was spent at Albert´s house while Priscilla`s bike was getting the radiator repaired, and Allen and Albert`s bikes were getting oil changes. The plan was for Albert to ride Priscilla´s bike downtown, and I was to follow on his bike and Allen was to ride his. Priscilla was in the van and she was to pick us up at Fritz´s Garage. Driving in Mexico can really be hairy in rush hour traffic. Especially if you are trying to follow Albert , who everyone of his friends sezs is crazy. So we start out with me following Albert and Allen was behind me. Right away, a bus tries to run over Albert and he is beating on the side of the bus with his fist. It was all I could do just to stay up with him, since I didn´t know where downtown the garage was located. We lost Allen right away, after Albert rode up on the sidewalk to get around the traffic and at the front of the line. I had no other choice but to follow him up on the sidewalk too! The pucker factor was off the scale by the time I pulled into the garage behind Albert. So we are at the garage, and of course, there is no Allen. Anyway, we drop off the bikes, the van shows up to take us back to Albért`s house and still no Allen. So, we get back home and still no Allen. By this time, we were starting to worry - Queretaro is a big city that would not be fun to get lost in! Finally, we got a call from Allen and figured out where he was, so Albert went after him - Whew! The good news is Priscilla´s bike is fixed and we are planning to be on the road by 8:30 tomorrow!