Places that I have Motorbiked in United States and Canada

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Dec 8th, 8th Day Mexico Trip

We set out from Queretaro after Albert changed his tire around 9am and headed to San Miquel for breakfast. Dang! I left my camera at Albert's house, so Albert's accountant brought it to us in San Miquel. We were mostly on slab but did hit some dirt on the way to Guanajuato. Once near town, we did some fantastic twisties above the city. We settled in at the Hotel Castillo after riding through the city. Many of the roads are through old mining tunnels under the city. It is really amazing, with whole intersections underground, with stairways leading up to the surface. We went downtown afterwards and walked the town. We hit a few bars, a few shops, and just walked the plaza. It was a very pleasant evening. Speaking of bars, I followed Mike and Allen in one sleazy bar that was a little ways off from the plaza. I read it somewhere to never judge people by the way they look... (Asian girls are sexual deviants, black guys can get you weed, etc.) but the hombres in this bar just made the hairs on the back of my neck stick straight out! I slowly backed out of there, hoping not to get stabbed or worse! It turned out all was well in the end and Allen and Mike had no problems whatsoever, so I don't know why I turned tail -- self preservation just kicked in automatically, I guess! A week wouldn't be enough time to see all the city, unfortunately we didn't get around to seeing the mummies! Total distance 147 miles, max elevation 8800 feet.